Pinter’s Packing Plant, Inc. was founded in 1957 by John and Janet Pinter. The husband and wife team started the company by selling meats and groceries in the original Clover Farm Store. Utilizing the store’s basement, they began experimenting with smoking their own sausage. John and Janet used the smokehouse of a local tavern because they did not have a smokehouse of their own. Before long, their summer sausage became wildly popular with customers.In 1958, John and Janet realized the store’s basement was no longer large enough for their operation and purchased a former cheese factory. The building was converted into a slaughterhouse with a kill floor, smokehouse, two deep freezers, a processing room, and a sharp freezer.
Due to the growing demand for Pinter’s sausage and other fine products, the plant was in need of another expansion in 1968. John and Janet contracted to have a new and improved packing plant built. It was completed in 1970 and is still the home of Pinter’s Packing Plant Inc.
The 1970s were a time of growth for Pinter’s. John and Janet’s sons joined the family business. With John, Daniel, and Alan at the helm, the company became incorporated in 1988. Over the years, the plant has seen many changes in growth and operation. The one thing that will always remain is the family’s dedication to customers and employees.
For over 50 years, Pinter’s Packing Plant Inc. has provided outstanding customer service along with a passion for offering first-rate products. These are the cornerstones by which the company has built its reputation. The Pinter family looks forward to serving the community for many years to come.